Montana State Beekeepers Association | Episode 5508
We’ve all seen the stacks of beehives scattered throughout Montana’s summertime fields. Did you know that Montana typically ranks in the top five U.S. states for honey production? That’s a lot of honey on our toast and in our tea! But bees provide so much more to our economy.
A regular call-in information program dealing with agricultural and gardening issues in Montana. Presented by MontanaPBS in association with Montana State University Extension, this program invites experts onto the panel to discuss everything from pesticide use and large-scale agricultural techniques to backyard gardening questions and even which mushroom to pick in the woods.
We Are Proudly Supported By:
- Cashman Nursery
- The Extension Service of Montana State University
- MSU College of Agriculture/MSU Ag Experiment Stations
- Montana Wheat and Barley Committee
- Montana Department of Agriculture
- Montana Bankers Association/Bancserve, Inc.
- Gallatin Gardeners Club
- Rocky Mountain Certified Crop Adviser Program
2020 Resources Mentioned On-Air:
- Canola Production Strategies
- The Canola Production Process
- Where is Canola Grown?
- Montana Organic Association
- View Ag Resources Stations
- Cold Hardy Grape Varieties
- A Review of Cold Climate Grapes
- MT Department of Livestock
- MSU Extension Store: Montguides
- Yard & Garden MontGuide Factsheets
- Successful Home Vegetable Gardening MontGuide
- Wastewater for Monitoring COVID-19
- Disease Ecology Lab Blog
- MSU Extension: Mental Health
- MSU Extension: Stress Management