Montana Canola Producers
You might know canola oil from the grocery store, alongside other vegetable cooking oils, but where does it come from and what other uses have been developed for rapeseed? This week, Executive Director Karen Sowers of the Pacific Northwest Canola Association joins the panel.
A regular call-in information program dealing with agricultural and gardening issues in Montana. Presented by MontanaPBS in association with Montana State University Extension, this program invites experts onto the panel to discuss everything from pesticide use and large-scale agricultural techniques to backyard gardening questions and even which mushroom to pick in the woods.
2020 Resources Mentioned On-Air:
- Canola Production Strategies
- The Canola Production Process
- Where is Canola Grown?
- Montana Organic Association
- View Ag Resources Stations
- Cold Hardy Grape Varieties
- A Review of Cold Climate Grapes
- MT Department of Livestock
- MSU Extension Store: Montguides
- Yard & Garden MontGuide Factsheets
- Successful Home Vegetable Gardening MontGuide
- Wastewater for Monitoring COVID-19
- Disease Ecology Lab Blog
- MSU Extension: Mental Health
- MSU Extension: Stress Management
Congratulations to our 2020 Photo Contest Winners!
Your photo submissions were received and the winners were chosen! Congratulations to Richard and Shannon, the dual winners of our first annual Ag Live "Show What You Grow" photo contest! That's right, your submissions were so great, that we couldn't pick just one. Richard has been meticulously tending to his 2,500 sq. ft. veggie garden for over 65 years and Shannon has found some fun and beautiful ways to incorporate flower gardens all around her home!
We had 47 photos submitted to our first Ag Live photo contest and we couldn't be more pleased with all of the incredible photos you sent our way. Thank you to everyone who got outside and snapped some truly amazing photos of what you have been working on in your gardens, orchards and ranches this summer.
P.S. - We are already hard at work planning the fall return of the show, so keep an eye out for more details as we provide sneak peeks to upcoming episodes.
We Are Proudly Supported By:
- Cashman Nursery
- The Extension Service of Montana State University
- MSU College of Agriculture/MSU Ag Experiment Stations
- Montana Wheat and Barley Committee
- Montana Department of Agriculture
- Montana Bankers Association/Bancserve, Inc.
- Gallatin Gardeners Club
- Rocky Mountain Certified Crop Adviser Program