Latest Animal Forage News | Episode 5513
Foraging can provide 50-100% of the total feed requirements of livestock. Learn more on this episode of Ag Live.
A regular call-in information program dealing with agricultural and gardening issues in Montana. Presented by MontanaPBS in association with Montana State University Extension, this program invites experts onto the panel to discuss everything from pesticide use and large-scale agricultural techniques to backyard gardening questions and even which mushroom to pick in the woods.
Show What You Grow Photo Contest
Our photo contest is back! Time to "Show What You Grow" this summer and be in the running for some Montana Ag Live swag. View full contest rules and submission guidelines via our online form:
Up to five photo entries per person, per household. Individuals can submit up to five photos on behalf of a family, group, class or organization. Must be a resident of Montana to win. Photos must be original work of the entrant. Photo captions are not required, but are encouraged. Captions may be no more that 90 words and must be a true representation of the photo. Hardy copy photo submissions will be accepted and can be mailed to: P.O. Box 173340, Bozeman, MT 59717, ATTN: Digital Content. Any accompanying text must be printed/written legibly or typed. Email submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: MT Ag Live Photo Contest 2021. Submissions accepted until September 12, 2021. Winners announced late September.
We Are Proudly Supported By:
- Cashman Nursery
- The Extension Service of Montana State University
- MSU College of Agriculture/MSU Ag Experiment Stations
- Montana Wheat and Barley Committee
- Montana Department of Agriculture
- Montana Bankers Association/Bancserve, Inc.
- Gallatin Gardeners Club
- Rocky Mountain Certified Crop Adviser Program
2020 Resources Mentioned On-Air:
- Canola Production Strategies
- The Canola Production Process
- Where is Canola Grown?
- Montana Organic Association
- View Ag Resources Stations
- Cold Hardy Grape Varieties
- A Review of Cold Climate Grapes
- MT Department of Livestock
- MSU Extension Store: Montguides
- Yard & Garden MontGuide Factsheets
- Successful Home Vegetable Gardening MontGuide
- Wastewater for Monitoring COVID-19
- Disease Ecology Lab Blog
- MSU Extension: Mental Health
- MSU Extension: Stress Management